12 Easy Elf on the Shelf Ideas


It's that time of year when the Elf comes out to play! But, the closer it comes to Christmas time, the faster ideas run out. Try these to keep those little minions happy!

1. Bring a gift. 

It's simple, but kids love presents. They will love it even more from your elf.

If your elf arrives on December 1st, an Advent Calendar is a great gift!


2. Hanging out on the tree

If you don't have an elf-sized hammock laying around, you can make one from tying twine, a cut piece of fabric, or even a sock!
Make sure your elf has refreshments while he lounges



 3. Mustache Mischief

Mustaches are one of the easiest (and cheapest!) activities your elf can do. You can get a pack of sticky mustaches from the Dollar Tree and/or draw them on with a dry erase marker.
You can also draw on pictures of family members or on mom or dad (with a washable marker of course!)

 4. Sweet Revenge

The elf isn't the only one capable of mischief! Get you child's favorite toys in on the action.
I think he's regretting his pranks from yesterday

 5. Make a snow man!

Don't have faux snow? No problem, toilet paper makes a great snow substitute.
The cold never bothered her anyway.... right?

 6. Frozen solid

This one takes a little more preparation. Find a suitable container (I used a 2 quart Tupperware beverage container) and you will need something to weigh your elf down, because he will float in the water. If you don't have an Ice Queen, he could be found in the freezer or outside the window trying to get back in!
I guess she couldn't "Let it go"
 7. Make S'mores

This can be as easy or as complicated as you desire. You could have him camp out near the real fire place (but not too close) or build his own. As a bonus, you could also have some full sized s'more ingredients ready for the kids!
Still warming up from yesterday's frozen adventures!

 8. Tea time

Because who doesn't like to take a time out for tea and cake??

As a bonus, you could set a place for your child as well to join in



9. When ya gotta go....

This one is always a winner with kids! You can pretty much use any kind of chocolate or brown treat.
Also, the look on your kid's face when you eat the "poop" is priceless

10. A little friendly competition

Have more than one elf in the house? One might be a little too "tied up" to report to Santa
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.


 11. Fart jokes

What kid can resist a chance to laugh at bodily functions? Bonus, while they are in the container, the kid can carry him around and "play" with him that day!
Apparently, elf toots smell like peppermint. Who knew?


12. Hung up on decor

It's so nice that he tries to help. And, hilarious when he fails! 





Not what he meant when he said he wanted to "hang out"


I have really enjoyed our elf this year and I hope he has helped inspire yours! What are your favorite elf ideas?

Comments

  1. These are so great! This close to Christmas, I always lose my creativity. This is a huge help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these ideas! Elf on the Shelf is so much fun, but after a while, you start to have fewer and fewer ideas. Usually by now, the Elf is just moved from one room to another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally, a great post about Elf on the Shelf! We always wind up racking our brains as to where to put him. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such cute elf on the shelf ideas! I love the one where he is hanging on the Christmas Tree. I am glad we do not have an elf, it seems like too much work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute ideas for Elf on the Shelf! I do not have one but plan to get one next year! I have been seeing so many creative ways to have fun with him! I love the one where he is having tea time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to get the kids other toys in in the Elf on the Shelf action. It is fun to think up scenarios for them. Thanks for the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all super cute Elf on the Shelf ideas! I will be sure and share this with my sister for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are awesome ideas! We don't really do Elf on the Shelf since there are no kids at home but I really enjoyed reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love seeing the things people come up with for Elf on the Shelf but wouldn't have any idea of things to do myself so always good to grab ideas! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some really clever ideas! I need to get into Elf on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now those are some crafty ones. I love surprising the kids with a fun new day of Elf on the Shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the ideas! I really think elf on the shelf is so fun to have. Too bad my son finds it creepy. I would have loved for us to have one . :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great ideas. I think if I were ever to do EOTS, I would create a file of these ideas so I"m prepared and not scrambling at the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAHA!! These are great ideas! I've been doing the Elf on the Shelf for 7 years now and wow I'm running out of ideas! I love the ones that have two days worth in them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts