Bacon Roses!!!!





Happy Valentine’s Day!!!
What my Dear Hubby woke up to this morning :)


Anyone out there still struggling to figure out a gift for their Manly Man? Look no further! Are you ready for it???

BACON!


Mmmmm.... Bacon.... *drool*






Ok, as much as most guys love bacon, how can we incorporate it into a gift for our Valentine? Easy. Bacon Roses. When I first stumbled across this online here, I was amazed. I knew I had to do this for my husband and, in turn, become the best wife ever ;). Now, I really liked how the website I linked earlier went about creating this edible masterpiece, but it destroys a muffin pan, which I just can’t bring myself to do. So, this is how I did it.

First gather your supplies. You need:
Bacon
A mini muffin tin
Aluminum foil
Fake roses
A toothpick (or something similar)


Take a piece of aluminum foil a little bigger than the muffin tin and place it over the muffin tin and secure it on one side.




Just fold it under one side of the pan


The make a cup to place the bacon in. Make sure there is space between the bottom of the aluminum cup and muffin tin cup. Then secure the other side. You will need to punch a hole in the bottom of each aluminum cup to let the bacon drain, otherwise it will get soggy.


If you wan to add more holes, that's fine


Roll up the bacon. If one end of the bacon is wider than the other, roll from that end to make it look more like a bud.


Rollin'... Rollin'...



Place each piece with the whiter, fatty portion down.


A lot of sites tell you that it needs to be straight up and down, but it's really not necessary as long as the fatty portion is "down hill"


Bake at 375 degrees (You may want to preheat, I’m lazy and never do) for 30-40 minutes. Check in occasionally to make sure they are draining, you may have to poke a few more holes if it’s not.


They don't have to be perfect ;)


While you’re waiting for the bacon to cook, you can prepare the rose stems. I bought some cheap roses at Wal-mart, but you can get them at the craft store if you want them to look more “professional.”

Pretty, but not something the Hubby would like ;)



While you’re waiting for the bacon to cook, you can prepare the rose stems. I bought some cheap roses at Wal-mart, but you can get them at the craft store if you want them to look more “professional.” 




Make sure you have enough room to place the bacon


After you take the bacon out of the oven and let it cool just a bit, press each “bud” down on the stem until seated on the green thing (I really don’t know what that is called).


If you want to get really fancy, put it in a nice vase and decorate it :) Enjoy!!!



My Hubby knows I deserve the "Wife of the year" award lol








What are your special plans for V-day?? What’s the best V-day present you’ve ever received??

UA-38416531-1

Comments

Popular Posts