Don't throw those clothes out! Dye, Dye!


Hey y'all! I've been busy since my last post almost a week ago. Little Man is on antibiotics for an ear infection and I have a sneaking suspicion that Baby Girl is getting ready to start teething. We've all had many sleepless nights and that adds up to one sleepy Momma! So, trying to motivate myself to clean up the house was hard and trying to come up with a new blog nearly fried my brain, but no worries, I kept this one for just such an occasion! Remember this blog? I transformed my old white dress into this one:





Well, this wasn't the only thing lurking in those murky waters....


What secrets hide in your depths?????
 I wanted the dress really saturated with the color, so I used the whole bottle. But, I didn't want to use a whole bottle just on one dress! So, I decided to be cheap frugal and use this opportunity to experiment on some other things as well! I went into my closet and grabbed some things that fit, but I usually don't wear because of the color.

Dye, Dye, Dye!!!!!
Much better!

I never wear the baby pink and green shorts. The yellow thing is only ever used for a bathing suit cover-up. There was nothing wrong with the cut- off jeans, I was just curious about what would happen :)

All of these items are made of cotton with thread made of what I think is polyester. Cotton takes color MUCH better than polyester, so this is the result:




The jeans were kind of faded and the dye took to the lighter parts best and not to the thread. Overall, not a bad effect.
If you want a completely different color for your jeans, or anything else, you need to bleach it first.

I actually like the yellow thread with the new burnt orange color


Still pink, but a deeper ping that I prefer, with the lighter pink accents

This one is the one you don't want anyone to really examine closely. The green still stands out.

So, when you dye, remember that even if it says 100% cotton, the thread my not be. Usually, it will say 100% cotton, exclusive of trim or exclusive of decoration and that should clue you in that the thread will not take the dye very well.

Has anyone else tried any dying at home? I would love to see your before/after pics!

Hopefully we all can get a little sleep tonight with some help from children's acetaminophen, because this Momma is ready.... for *yawn* some..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................


UA-38416531-1

Comments

Popular Posts