Just in time for Valentine's dress refashion!


Love is in the air..... Valentine's day is just around the corner! So, it's time to run to the department store to get an expensive new outfit, right?????



My thoughts exactly, Grumpy Cat! When we went on our honeymoon, my husband got me this really pretty white dress to wear for a dance.


It's already perfect! Or is it.....?
I really loved it, but I've only worn it that once. Why? Several reasons. The first is the fact that I am white. So white that if I wear glitter in the sunlight, I might be mistaken for a Cullen. (I was actually quite tan for my wedding, but that was a one time thing and I didn't want to spoil the pictures. I'm very anti-skin cancer.) The next reason is that some how, I stained it and it won't come out. The sequin detailing was coming out in several places as well.


Yuck! I'm pretty sure it was some kind of food.. I'm so klutzy
Sadness :(
 Well, the sequins would just all have to come off because I had no desire to sew more back on when I'm not a real fan of them anyway. So I grabbed my handy-dandy seam ripper and got to work.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrip!
Taking off the sequins probably would only have taken about 15 minutes if I had been able to just sit down and do it, but I have two little kids, so sitting down for 15 minutes is a rare luxury. Between diapers, bottles, snacks, and tantrums, I finished it up about an hour after I started. With the sequin problem gone, the dress was looking much better already. But what about the stains???

Stains, you have met your match!!!
I've never dyed anything before, but I just followed the directions on the bottle exactly and hoped for the best. I threw in the salt and the dye in the wash and when that was mixed, I added the dress (and a few other things... click here to see what else was lurking in those waters...) and let it agitate and rinse, and rinse, and rinse, and rinse. Lol.. I probably didn't need to rinse that much, but I got a little excited.

Action Shot! 



After washing, I hung it up to dry. I was really happy about how it came out!
Sorry about the awkward pose, It's rainy and I was trying to find a good light source.

Isn't it a pretty color? Best of all, it was a dress that I was only holding onto for sentimental reasons and now I can wear it again!

What are your plans for Valentines? <3


If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13



UA-38416531-1

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for posting to Refashion Co-Op’s Refashion First Friday! I love a great dye job!
    LaLaLauren
    Editor
    Refashionco-op.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! I look forward to more linky parties. There's a lot of talent on your site!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts