Easy Top Refashion!

My love for second-hand or very cheaply clearanced clothes is an clothing is an inherited trait. My mother is always on the lookout for a deal for not only herself, but for the whole family. She has a gift! She can always find really great stuff. Unfortunately, some of the things that she picks up for me doesn't fit quite right because I'm not there to try it on, such as this:
Little Man wanted to be in the pic too! 

I really love the color and the crochet detail at the top! But that is where my love ends. This piece is very frumpy and unflattering.

So I got to work! I snipped of the bottom portion right under the top "ruffle" and BAM, I have a new top to layer!

Note to readers: This will be the last time you will EVER see me in skinny pants!
Awesome, right? But I'm not stopping there! I still have this awesome fabric left over and I would love to have a new skirt. :)  I measured a piece of elastic around where I wanted the band of my skirt to hit and cut it about 2 1/2 - 3 inches shorter than that measurement. Next, I took the piece of elastic and folded the top of the leftover fabric around it and sewed it with a zig-zag stitch  making sure not to sew on the elastic. You could also just fold it over leaving a gap for the elastic to be threaded through if you want, but I'm lazy :) Here's my new skirt:
I apologize for my whiteness. The sun and I aren't on the best terms. :)
 And there you go! Two awesome pieces out of something that was... well... not so awesome.

I'll probably actually try to put some make-up for future photos. I really don't want to scare anyone! What are some of your refashions? What in your closet do you think you could improve instead of throw out?




Love it? Hate it? Think you could do better? Let me know by commenting!

For some really awesome refashions, go to visit this chick! ---> ReFashionista UA-38416531-1

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for posting to Refashion Co-Op’s Refashion First Friday! I love that you got 2 from 1! It looks so much nicer separate than together!
    LaLaLauren
    Editor
    Refashionco-op.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts